Aims of the Subject
- To arouse students’ interest in learning English through various activities.
- To build up thinking skills through understanding and constructing meaning from different text types.
- To promote learner independence through the development of lifelong language learning skills and strategies such as vocabulary building skills, phonics skills and information skills.
- To develop learners’ generic skills, values and attitudes and expose them to rich learning experiences through moral and civic education, project learning, reading to learn.
- To cater for learners’ diversity through developing a wide range of open ended learning tasks and activities and employing teaching strategies that suit the specific needs of both less able learners and more able learners, as well as the needs of learners with different learning styles.
Members of the Subject :
|Consultant||Ms. Jessica MAN|
Farm Road Campus :
Mr. Henry KAO
Sheung Heung Road Campus :
Farm Road Campus:
Mr. William Billy GIRVAN, Mr. Clarence LAU, Ms. Kitty CHENG,
Sheung Heung Road Campus:
Ms. Zakia KHAN, Ms. Khristayle TAN, Ms. Momoyo KIRA,
Major Activities of the Subject :
English Drama Team
English Choral Speaking Team
Achievement of the Subject:
Name of competition
No. of winners
74th Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival (2023) English Speech
· First X 8
· Second X 4
· Third X 13
· Certificate of Merit: 182
· Certificate of Proficiency: 14
Hong Kong School Drama Festival 2022/23
· Award for Commendable Overall Performance
· Award for Outstanding Audio-visual Effects
· Award for Outstanding Cooperation
· Award for Outstanding Performer X 5
Catering for Learner Diversity
- School Temnnnams & Public Competitions
Choral Speaking Teams, English Drama Team, Public Speaking, Writing, Poetry Reading, Penmanship, Solo Verse Speaking
English Week, Excursions, RTHK Sunday Smile, TSA Oral Assessors
- Remedial & Enhancement Classes
- 1 Phonics Screening Test, P.6 Interview Workshop